Welcome to Volunteering for the Royal Navy Pre-school Organisation and our Jack & Jill’s Pre-schools.
As a volunteer you are a valued member of the team, you contribute your time, energy and skills in support of our cause.
We appreciate everything you do to raise funds, and in doing so you are helping us to provide quality childcare facilities to service and civilian families in times of peace and conflict.
Our pre-schools provide a safe, stimulating, nurturing environment in which each child is encouraged to reach their full potential.
We offer support especially to service families who are new to the area and during times of deployment.
Royal Naval Pre-school Learning Organisation is committed to equal opportunities and Diversity. This commitment is reflected amongst the charities policies and practices.
We really want you to enjoy your time spent volunteering for us and we take our responsibilities towards you very seriously. You will also be an RNPSLO representative for the charity and as such we ask you to act appropriately.
• To offer equal opportunities to everyone who
wants to volunteer
• Listen to your motivations and aspirations
and wherever possible match your skills and
experiences with the right role for you.
• To provide information about the charity its
policies and its work
• To provide access and support to trained
staff-including regular review meetings.
• To offer an induction and proper training and
support for your role
• To promote an environment of Trust and
understanding, encouraging two way
communication at all times
• To make necessary arrangements to ensure
your health, safety and welfare
• To reimburse out of pocket expenses
• To recognise loyalty and dedication
• To aim for high standards of efficiency,
reliability and quality in your volunteering
• To work in partnership with other volunteers,
staff and the general public
• To support, respect and adhere to our
organization policies management decisions
and procedures-including all aspects of Equal
Opportunities Health and Safety and Data
• To consider and protect the name and
reputation of the RNPSLO and there Jack &
Jill’s pre- schools in all your actions and
• To act responsibly and within the law
• To let your staff contact know first if you have
any problems so that we can find a solution
• To let your staff contact know if you have any
personal problems that may affect your
• To have the best possible experience by
getting involved and enjoying your
• Fill out a form at any of our events held
throughout the year
• Go online at www.jackandjillschildcare.co.uk
• Telephone Karan Horsley/Jack and Jill’s Fundraising Coordinator on 01752 402 072
Your Health and Safe is important to us. We are committed to your safety and welfare whilst you are volunteering for us and in turn we expect volunteers to contribute to maintaining a safe working environment
All Volunteers at RNSPLO and Jack & Jill’s pre-schools must:
• Take reasonable care for health and safety of
yourself and others who may be affected by
your actions or omissions
• Co-operate with staff by assisting them to
fulfil their statutory duties
• Follow our Health and Safety policy and
measures put in place by the RNSPLO or any
organisation you may be working on
• Report accidents/incidents or dangerous
circumstances to a paid member of staff,
whether or not any person has been injured
• Be aware of actions to take when an
emergency situation arises
• and who from the RNPSLO to contact for
The rights to any original works that you may produce in the course of volunteering will belong to the charity, unless otherwise agreed. Examples include photography artwork, graphic design and written work.
We may use photographs of volunteers carrying out their roles for promotional purposes. You may of course request that an image is withdrawn.
No comments or stories should be given direct to the media, unless your volunteer role specifically includes talking to the press or other local media. Generally, our media relations are handled by our CEO and so any requests from the press, etc should be referred to your staff contact.
We take great care to protect your information as part of our data protection responsibilities. As a volunteer, we expect you to protect any personal or confidential information to which you have access.
Volunteers may request reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses, such as travel costs and, if devoting a full day to a charity event, a sandwich lunch or equivalent. Payment of reasonable expenses must be authorised by your staff contact in advance and receipts or tickets required.